Saturday 11 June 2011

To Inverness - Day 11




What a beautiful start to my day - Loch Lochy at 7am - fantastic.
Dry and clear,  not raining yet..........
Past Loch Ness - speechless at the fantastic scenery it has.  It was head down as I pedalled on up along its shores as if I had stopped every time I had wanted to to see its wonders, I would still be there now..........
Headed over the fantastic old Invermoriston Bridge


Onwards to Inverness



Campsite by Queens Stadium (thankfully not playing there today!)
  To get food, drink and more ibuprofen for the muscle spasm in my leg, I headed into Inverness town centre about a 20 minute walk,  past Inverness Castle through the well kept, clean and tidy Bught Park. 
 
54 miles today, cut short by the inability to cycle as the muscle kept spasming - once I'd had a walk into town stretching out the muscles, I felt fine but on the bike, it had certainly been a different story. 

Getting more good rest tonight and will see how I go tomorrow. I want to get to JOG as that is the plan but Scotland is so beautiful, I don't want it to fly past in a blurr, it's scenery is spectacular, the weather is damp to say the least but it's such a lovely place to visit that I'm trying to take in as much of it as I can as it will all be over too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment