Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 14 - To Wick

Woke up at 4 am this morning & was on the road by 5. The road was very quiet & the air was still. I was hoping after yesterday's rest day that the pains in my legs would have subsided but after 12 miles I discovered this not to be the case. The pain set in & built rapidly as I cycled on, slowing my progress at times to a walk whilst pushing my bike. I eventually made it to Wick by which time I was almost unable to walk. Wick leaves me 16 miles short of John o'Groats which I will endevour to do tomorrow by straping my legs up and taking plenty of painkillers. As you can see from this blog now there is no possibility of me cycling back to Lands End straight away, this I will have to leave to a later date once I've healed up.


To all of those who have supported me with texts, calls, facebook posts and messages thank you so very much and without you I would not have got this far - I will complete the 2nd half of this cycle ride from JOG to LE soon but whilst mentally I am strong regretably, physically I am not in a position to do this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment