Monday 13 June 2011

Day 13 - Holed Up!

The Met Office got it right and the weather proved to match the forecast - the storm came.
 
I checked the tent pegs and secured everything last night before going to sleep and it was a good job - the wind blew hard up all night 30-40mph .  It has heavy rained constantly all day and I am having an enforced rest day reading, eating, snoozing and laying in my tent. 

The body and legs are pleased to be resting, although it's quite chilly and of course damp but my brain wants to get going - I know it is only 66 miles to John O'Groats and I want to be on the road. This weather has put me behind my personal goal to have got to JOG tomorrow.

Tomorrow's another day and the forecast is very much better, dry and warm with minimal wind - perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment