Monday 6 June 2011

Day 6 - Upwards to Bolton Le Sands

 The A49 doesn't sleep so consequently neither did I - note to self to choose a campsite that isn't so close to a main road! I gave up the fight to get some sleep at about 5.30 and hit the road. Had done no more than a dozen miles when the lure of bacon proved too much and I had to pull over to a food wagon in the next layby for sustinence in the form of a bacon, sausage, egg & black pudding roll, with a large sweet tea, which was just what I needed to start my day off.  The lovely couple running the van congratulated me on my journey and gave me a lucazade sport drink to spur me on my way, which certainly did the trick!

The next 30 or so miles followed the M6 corridor which is insanely busy and not that pretty. Despite what I had heard about Preston, my journey through passed uneventfully.  North of Preston the scenery improved once more and after resupplying my food stocks in Lancaster, took a short detour to Morecombe Bay, where the sun shone out above the hills in the distance of the Lake District. After taking in the sea sights of the bay, I journeyed on to this evening's destination at Red Bank Farm in Bolton Le Sands, a far cry from last nights camp site as you can hear a pin drop here! http://www.redbankfarm.co.uk/.  

Tomorrow is "the big one" as I'm going over Shap Fell in the Lake District so a good night sleep is essential .....  wish me luck.....    your texts, comments and facebook posts are brilliant, extremely welcome and spur me on, thank you very much,  it's so great to know I've got support from afar!

No comments:

Post a Comment