Sunday 12 June 2011

Day 12 - From Inverness to Dornoch


A picture tells a thousand words - The Cromarty Firth in full glory this morning.

Leaving Inverness after a good rest, and a huge breakfast (they don't mess about in Tescos up here - £3.29 for a full breakfast and I was fully stuffed up after it, good and fresh too!)  I headed up the A9 over the Kessock Bridge. Not long after the bridge I saw this welcome sign!  

109 miles to John o'Groats - yeha yippeeeee yeha !!!!!



Over the Dornoch bridge mid morning


to end the day in Brora and celebrated with a few pints in the local pub after buying yet more supplies.  My leg was ok until about 5 miles out of Brora when it starting playing up again. 60.5 miles cycled today and only 66 miles to JOG now although looking at the weather forecast and the way the locals are talking, I could be holed up in my tent for tomorrow, sitting out the imminent storm.  The clouds are looking very ominous and the temperature is already dropping with the wind building, looks like an enforced rest day for me, still I've got food and drink, plenty of water available on camp site & a read/return book shelf and if all else fails, a pub just down the road!!!!!
Total mileage so far - 840 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment