Thursday 9 June 2011

Out of Glasgow - Day 9

Woke up early as is my custom now despite the fact the alarm was set for 7am. Retrieved my tent from the shower where it had been hanging to dry & packed the rest of my now dry kit away ready to leave.  Breakfast in the hotel was very nice and plentiful & feeling fortified after a good munch and sleep, set off out into the madness which is 8.30am in central Glasgow. Fought my way through the traffic to get onto the A82 into wind and driving rain again. After 2 hours I had only made 16 miles and was thoroughly soaked again, a definite low point on the trip today. Reached the southern end of Loch Lomond and things improved, still windy but rain easing to intermittent heavy showers so I was able to see the beautiful loch.  Its much colder than I expected for the time of year so only quick stops for a brew and to take in the superb scenery. The road along Loch Lomond is narrow and rough in places but that said, still a great ride.

A planned short day after yesterday’s epic and arrived in Tyndrum in the later afternoon after covering 56 miles. Tyndrum itself is a very nice little village with a good pub! Food and beer (of course) sampled and were great. Not much left in the village shop though as I've shopped for tomorrow's supplies.

Tomorrow sees me heading off towards Glen Coe and Fort William.
 
And here I am, got back from my village shop raid and pub visit, all set up ready for the night, nice and sunny to dry everything out again, but looking at the clouds, not sure how long it's going to stay dry for - well it is Scotland after all! 
 
Tomorrow's another day in bonny Scotland...............
 
All fingers crossed for a dry day - please no rain, please please please please no more rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment