Friday 10 June 2011

Day 10 - Glen Coe

Left the campsite in glorious sunshine this morning to start the long long long climb up Glen Coe - obviously my moans and groans about the weather have been heard, for now anyway! 

Great scenery going up into the Highlands. A fantastic place to be, breath taking to be honest. My pictures shown here, taken on my mobile don't show the beauty of the countryside here.


The road up to Glen Coe was not as bad as I had thought it would be (and not as bad as I had read too) and the run down the other side was great fun! 

Stopped in Fort William for yet more supplies then headed out along the A82 to Spean Bridge where just the other side of the village is a Commando War Memorial www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/speanbridge/speanbridge/

56 miles done today but a ?pulled muscle in my swollen knee/leg has brought me to a stop today - pills and potions being applied in great quantities - I'll see how I go from here, may have to reduce the mileage for the next few days or take a rest day.........see what it's like in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment