Sunday 26 June 2011

Disaster strikes!

Loading the bike this morning I was confident that the problems were sorted. Wrong. 200 yards down the road - same problem.So back to the bike shop,again.I left the bike for another 2 hours while they test rode it. They couldn't figure it out so they stripped down the front wheel and told me that it was fine. So I set off again. Got 8 miles this time then....same problem. After 20 miles of it happening it jammed up and stayed that way. I was now doing 5mph on the flat and pedalling down the hills. Not good. At Shap I stopped at the Bulls Head and put my tent up in their garden.
There was no more I could do so arranged for Allyson to pick me up the next day. So I am now at home and will be attempting to repair the bike this week with a view to returning to Shap next weekend to complete the ride.
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment