Saturday 28 May 2011

Solar chargers, Wind-up chargers

Been trying to get some kind of emergency/general charger for the phone so I can keep this blog up without the need for electric points. Got a wind up charger and it was exactly that - a wind up! 20 mins of winding did not produce enough power to even turn on the phone when the battery was dead.
Next up was the solar charger. Leave in the sun for 10-15 hours for a full charge, plug into phone and hey presto a full charge. No. 20 hours in direct sunlight and it managed to charge the phone for about 20 seconds. If I had hair I would have been tearing it out by now :-)
So, off into Tavistock today to try and get something that actually works as I don't have long til I leave. I'll report back later!
Can't wait to get on the road now. All preparations done. If I'm not ready now I never will be.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment