Monday 16 May 2011

A few days away

Well, all panniered up and loaded as I would be for the trip itself and off for a few days trial run. Day one was up to Lobb Fields campsite. I followed the A386 across the moor and then all the way up to Bideford. It's a fairly hilly route in places with some outstanding views. From Bideford I took the back road to Barnstaple and then the A361 to Braunton, the coast road to Croyde before returning to Lobb Fields.
The coast road between Braunton and Croyde
The next day was all A39 down to Camelford. Great views but a headwind made it tough going. I was glad to reach the campsite although being charged £19 to pitch a tent took the biscuit!
The next day I had to return home so took the A395 to Launceston and the old A30 then the back roads home. A great trip of just under a couple of hundred miles and a good insight into life on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Jon, keep up the training, I know you are going to really enjoy LEJOGLE xxx

    ReplyDelete